Wednesday, July 30, 2008

you know your pregnant if......

You know you're ready to pop with a baby if.....
1. it takes you ten minutes to turn from one side to the other at night
2. you have to pea ten times a night
3. if you drop something, you might get down to get it and not be able to get back up
4. sometimes your stomach bounces up and down like someone is playing basketball inside you. it is actually quite amusing to watch.
5. you have a complete emotional breakdown over a pair of glasses....yup...that leads into my story of God's faithfulness....you see, last week, on Tuesday, I was laying down and leaned up to give my cute hubbie a kiss. And my glasses got caught in my hair and snapped in two.....Which led to a complete emotional breakdown on my part, because is was stressing about having to get new glasses.....hehhe. I'm not sure Todd knew what to do with me..Then comes part two of the story...
Part Two...I had one pair of contacts left...And I haven't been to the eye doc in 2 1/2 years...Well Monday.....My contact ripped.....yup....of course. So my eye was killing me, and then I was reall y stressing...And todd was going to have to meet me in cleveland with my taped up ghetto glasses because I couldn't see...This led to A COMPLETE MELTDOWN!Seriously, I could not stop crying..At work of all places. i was trying to hide in the bathroom. My face was seriously as red and splotchy as it gets. ANd I HAD to pull myself together because I had a parenting class to teach in 10 minutes....I escaped to Linz's office to cry....And I think she..and my hubbie probably thougth I was crazy. I cried on an off all day. Hilarious huh...Now it really makes me laugh.
Part Three of my story.....God provides!!!!!!!!!!Call me vain, but I was really struggling with the idea of wearing taped up glasses the rest of my life....So I prayed about it on Tuesday( I was feeling much more sane)...And decided the Lord was leading me to go to a certain store in Chatt town. The purple store to be exact....And Wow. Did God lead me to the right place. I loved the doc, and the best part..it is only 39 dollars for an eye exam..but then..The Lord showed me complete favor. He gave me a Christian man to help me. Who really took care of Todd and I.....I finally(after a gazillion pairs) found the PERFECT pair of glasses for me. Which I love love love. And they were more expensive($199) than the other pair I liked second best($165). So he gave me them for $165. Then he took 20% of that. Then....They did not charge me to put the thin lenses in(becuz my prescription is so strong)...because all the HAPPENED to have was the thin ones. So....I saved $60 from that. Then.....he gave me a free pair of contacts for each eye(even though I didn't even have a contact eye exam)..Can I say...GLoRY!. And the glasses were made in 10 min...Get this.They fit my face EXACTALLY! My face is so small, and hard to fit, that it had to be a God thing. He made those glasses for me! Isn't he faithful.
So I am going to try from now on to limit my emotional breakdowns untill the baby comes. Pics of the new glasses and my last baby shower will be coming soon.

8 comments:

lyndsay said...

HOORAY!! there's a GLORY coming from mccallie this morning!!
:)

Jenn said...

michelle.. this made me laugh. I love blogs like that that start with you know you are pregnant when.. i think that inspires me.. I want to write a you know you have lived in Kathmandu Nepal serving God for a year when.. what an awesome story. I am so glad that youw ill have cute glasses for your baby when He comes.. you got to be able to see him. I melted my glasses back in December you know and I frankly still have not gotten them fixed. I have not worn glasses since then.. crazy huh.. maybe I can find a good eye doctor in kathmandu like that.. hehehe. i think it's funny that you chose the purple store. I love you and miss you very very much

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that God provided your glasses! By the way, you are allowed to have emotional breakdowns at this point in your pregnancy. You're carrying a whole person inside you for goodness' sake!

Anonymous said...

God is great! I am so glad that you got your glasses and new contacts. Mama Ellis

Jenn said...

i need baby shower pictures :-)

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Michelle,

What a cute blog! Praying for you and Todd today! I love you guys!

lyndsay said...

ten days! ten days! ten days!!

Anonymous said...

i'm a little late on my reading... but this blog made my day, haha- love you girl!