Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lock-In Survivor:)

Well folks....i did it...i survived....No I didn't win the million dollars on survivor. but close. I survived the Youth lock in friday night. Yes me...everyone who knows me well knows even when I am not pregnant i don't do night time....My hair just gets bigger and bigger..hehhe. And now that I am pregnant I go to bed at 9:00 and could go to sleep when I get home.
Well I must say..God is so so faithful. I stayed up for an entire night with 60 youth and had a blast.......My plan friday night was to come home from work and sleep untill we had to be at the church at 9:00. However, that did not work out because it was Kelli's birthday, and we went to Red Lobster with the Humbert/Sluder fam..gotta love me some garlic biscuits. ....But glory. The Lord was my strength. He really helped me stay up, and even not be grumpy.....IN fact I had a blast. I loved watching the guys flag football tournament with Alyse and the other girls. Who knew that flag football could be so competitve at 4:00 in the morning.hehhe...and I have never seen Todd quite like that. He showed the boys what was up, that their youth minister was not just a minister but a champion too. His team defionatly won against the big mean guys from the other church. It got heated for sure....
did I mention God is faithful...I did not get back to my house untill 9:00 in the morning. And buddy did I crash..Untill our neighbor kids from next door woke us up at 4:45.....then later on that night I even made it to Caitlyns 18th bday party, and then to Cleveland to Starbucks where Todd and I met up with Harrison and Shawna. We had a blast together.
Speaking of the youth. God is doing awesome things. I can't tell you how exciting it is sometimes to just step back and watch God work. Sometimes Todd and I can get discouraged and wonder if they are getting it at all. But then there are times like Wed. Andrew(the pastor's son) shared his testimony and it was amazing. then Todd brought home the word..Glory...With a completely unplanned message.....For once you could have heard a pin drop. When we broke up into small groups, the youth totally started opening up. Glory! mahima!Youth that I had been struggling to connect with began opening up to me, some for the first time. IT is amazing what God can do..We continue to trust him to turn our youth into worldchangers.
this past week was also a faith stretcher. With Jenn's green Lazarus dead....Jenn...It died..:( However to the tune of quite a bit of money.....He is slowly trying to sing Chris's song I am Lazarus. That was defionatly a stretch for us, and I must admit I didn't do the best job trusting God......IT is still not completely healed so pray for complete healing:)Pray for Todd and I to trust God during a time of financial stretching.
Well that is enough to bore you all by now. Sorry for the long post!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss your big hair and late night grumpiness! Well...as grumpy as you can really get.

I'm proud of you for making it through the lock in! I'm also excited to hear about how God is being faithful to work in the lives of the youth.

I love you so much and miss you a ton!

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Sorry I am only now writing. I love your entries what did we ever do withour blogs? Take care! I love you!

Jenn said...

hey sister. I am so excited to read your blog. please don't ever apologize for it being long because well frankly i read every word like it is desert. Maybe that is becuase right now desert is on my mind.. i would love some chocholate cake, at least anything besides dhol bhot. I am going to write you an e-mail.. i am not sure if you ever check your e-mails, but i watned to write you an e-mail so as long as this dinasour coputer lets me, I plan on it. I miss you soo much and i can't wait to talk to you when i get back to kathamandu. I will be back probablly by friday morning, it's a 13 hour bus ride so i am not quite sure. anyways-- i love you and i loved reading about your life. Leah and i prayer walk everynight.. it's quite the highlight of our time and we have prayed alot for financial provision for you and for todd! i know and leah knows that God is going to do some big huge miracle! anyways-- i love you so much and i can't wait to talk to you. i just updated my blog so you can read it.

Unknown said...

Michelle: I think you need to check out TJ's lastest blog. Momma Ellis