Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Valentines Box....

I so often feel I fail as a kingergarten mom..There seems to be things as a kindergarten mom you are supposed to know..That everyone else but me seems to know..Like the fact that you make a box for valentines to go in..Apparentlyeveryone else but me knows this...And if you go on pintrest or any mommy blogs you can find elaborate valentines boxes(which there is nothing wrong with!)Along with elaborate cutesy printable valentines card with cute catchy gift ideas.. that is why I panicked when I saw on the kindergarten page yesterday you may send in a valentine boxif you want to..by tommorow..I was in Chattanooga when I saw that ansd still had an appointment to go to then had to run the kids straight to church..Needless to say I did not have time to make a box.Then after church instead of making the box we played Spider-Man dominos as a family before bed..I forgot about the box.Until this morning. That is when The Lord had to clearly speak to me.I love social media.And I love mommy blogs.But that is not who I am called to please.My job Asa mo is not to makerthe prettiest coolest box in the class(and there is nothing wrong with that if you did).but as a mo Ihave had to learn my job is to please the audience of one.To parent.To do everything I do for Gods glory alone!I do not need to stress about the other moms thinking wow look at her because she has it all together.Because I don't.My job is to ask God to help me parent with wisdom,love and joy and do it all with an act of worship.alexs box maybe thrown together with dollar tree missing arm ninjas taped on it..but He Loved It.and I am going to fight the temptation to compare to the other more together moms and remember that I have done what God has called e to do and focus on teaching Alex this week about Jesus the ultimate love.We have done some fun activities together and gotten cute little gifts to remind him of that. Who am I trying to please?. who are y trying to please

1 comment:

Todd said...

You're the best mommy, focusing on the most important things and ones.