Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The nose sucker of death

Well, did that title catch your attention. My poor little man is sick for the very first time:( Don't worry, he is not too sick to need medicine, he just has a cold(thanks to Daddy). He is really stuffy and coughing alot. I know he doesn't feel good when all he wants to do is snuggle all day, because normally he is on the move. I can't say that I mind the snuggling;). So I have been hanging out at the house the past two days, and I have missed out on church revival with Mr. UP from the Grave he arose:)(If you don't go to my church, just get my dad to do the impression. however, as funny as that is, God is truly moving through him and people are getting saved glory).
Poor little Alex. He screams as soon as I get the blue nose sucker out. But it helps him breath better, so even if it hurts, I know it helps in the long run. It makes me think about how much I squirm sometimes when God brings struggles into my life that seem painful but teach me lessons that are helpful for my spiritual health and growth. I am so thankful that the Lord promises to all of us. I that began a good work in you will carry it on to the day of completion! Glory.
The Lord gave me one of those squirmy lessons from his word this morning. I am studying Mark with the youth at our church. Mark 6 kicked my tail!vs. 51. "for they had not gained any insight from the incident of the loaves(feeding of the five thousand) but their heart was hardened." How often have I seen God work, do a mighty impossible work, provide in ways I can't imagine, and then I question him again. Or lose faith again. Ouch. O Lord, i want faith that can move mountains!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too! I'm guilty of the same thing in my walk with God--hard times and hardness of heart. Michelle, that was pretty profound. --love you, Hubbie

Anonymous said...

I miss my Humbert family!! I'm sorry my nephew is sick. I have been under the weather too, but now I'm much better. Hope I can see you guys soon! Love you!!